Saturday 4 August 2012

Getting Blogged

Maybe I've too much time on my hands. Maybe I'm turning into a pathetic elderly geek. Whatever, I've started a food blog (OAP Food Blog). The reasons are explained in the first post. It will be interesting to see whether it leads to anything. For one thing. there must be lots of OAP bloggers who are also concerned with/interested in food and who, like us, are trying to make the most of modest means.

Meanwhile, I've found that I've become sort of umbilically attached to my i-Pad, which I have now owned for nearly a year. Breakfast is accompanied by a Twitter review as well as a review of the opinion columns of the Guardian and the Independent and the FT, while also listening to the R4 Today programme. Who says we oldsters can't multi-task!

I also check my e-mails. This isn't always a good idea, as some messages lead to a rise in blood pressure! (I'm secretary of a local association so receive 'business' messages, and when I'm doing on line teaching, there are often messages from students.)

Probably reviewing Twitter is the best way into the day. I follow several really witty ones, e.g. the BorowitzReport, some insightful ones, e.g. chakrabortty, j-freedland, and ones that combine both, e.g. TimHard. It's also good the way one tweet will lead to another and to articles and sources posted elsewhere.

But, I still feel more elderly than geek!

No comments:

Post a Comment